Saturday, April 19, 2008

Walking in Freedom through Grace

As I grow closer to God and His Glory, my unworthiness becomes more evident and His Grace more sufficient...

That statement is becoming more and more true each day. Wow, God's Grace is so indescribable. It is through His Grace that we not only have redemption from our sin in that Christ's sacrifice has cleansed us and redeemed us from our current state of sinfulness to restore our broken relationship with God. But that through that same sacrifice we have been set FREE from sin. We have freedom from sin. We are no longer subject to its dominion. That is the power of Grace. That is just so amazing to me. That God in His Grace would die not only to redeem me which means to buy me back, but also to set me free.

Read Romans 6:5-7, 11-18

(Now most of you just breezed by that passage above. Please read it. It holds so much Truth for you in your life.)

How many times do we as His children fail to walk in that freedom? How many times do we like the Israelites feel that urge to return to our Egypt...our land of slavery? I know I have. Yet again in His Grace, the Lord has given us the ability to walk in this freedom through His Spirit and His Word. Because only through obedience to Him will we ever be able to be free. We must first walk in obedience to The Truth because in walking in obedience we see that we are truly walking in freedom. It makes John 8:31--33 come alive in that...

"31To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. 32Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." "

The degree in which we know The Truth and obey it determines our degree of freedom. Beloved, You have been given the gift of freedom. Walk in it.

No comments: